Welcome to Oakwood Academy
No front page content has been created yet.
Welcome to Oakwood Academy!
Oakwood Academy is the only recognized school in Canada using the Developmental Individual Differences Relationship-Based (DIR®) Model. Our recognized Independent School developed to serve the growing need for individualized education that focuses on developing thinking, relating and communication skills . Our unique developmental approach teaches students to think rather than memorize, and uses social relationships as the cornerstone of curricular development. Every aspect of our school is designed to meet the individual differences and needs of our students so that they can reach their greatest academic and social potential. Oakwood Academy is truly a unique place where all students are celebrated and can experience success!
- Oakwood is partnering with St. Jude’s Academy! Oakwood has always placed a high emphasis on social learning opportunities for our students. With our new partnership with St. Jude’s, a non-denominational IB (International Baccalaureate) private school for JK-grade 12, our students will have frequent opportunities to learn and interact with students from St. Jude’s. Students who are ready to transition out of Oakwood will move into St. Jude’s seamlessly with the support of Oakwood staff during the transition period.
- New facility! We are very excited to be moving to a new location so that we can be closer to St. Jude’s. Oakwood’s new home will be ready by September 2014!
- Student Busing! Oakwood is now offering busing for students to take them to and from school each day. Busing will be accessible to a wide catchment area for parent convenience.
- Hot Lunch Program! Hot and nutritious lunches will be available for students daily.
- Before & After School Care! Increased extended care programs will be available daily for students.
***Open House- An open house for families is being held at St Jude’s Academy on Saturday May 10th at 10am***